Monday, February 12, 2007

Snorkeling in Oregon

From Eugene, Oregon, the former residence of Aunt Sis (our temporary live-in nanny) comes a news story that is great on too many levels. Read the full article at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17091607/, but enjoy my take on it first.

John Cheesman thought it was going to be just another day enjoying his hobby of snorkeling in rodent infested waters looking for various species of fish. What could possibly go wrong? Well, you could get shot in the head. That would pretty much end the day for me. Before reading any further, let me just point out that I don't think it's funny when people get shot in the head.

It is funny, though, when you're wife says that the reason you survived is that the bullet shattered when it hit your dense skull. Seriously! How many times over the years did she get mad at him for being SO dense? How many times did she try to "get something through that thick skull?" I guess now she's seeing the silver lining.

Again, it's not funny when people get shot in the head. It is funny, though, when the guy doing the shooting mistook you for a nutria. If you don't know, a nutria is basically a huge swimming rat. Essentially this tells me that the victim was in serious need of a back waxing. When you appear to be a swimming rodent with a wet pelt, you've got some hair growth issues. Can't people get that through their thick skulls?

Really, it's not funny when people get shot in the head. But I can't help stating the obvious, "DUH!" that follows the police reporting that the shooter was on drugs. Apparently they arrested him for methamphetamine and marijuana, and I'm betting there's more that they just didn't find.

Seriously, I don't think it's funny for people to get shot in the head, and we should all be careful to not go snorkeling in rat infested waters with a pelt on our backs when drugged up felons with rifles are hanging around. It could be more dangerous than you think.

1 comment:

Caci said...

Michael, this is hilarious! I cried I laughed so hard....thanks for the good laugh!