Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Run!

I think last night's episode was one of the best so far. Highlight below to read more:

Finally, we got an episode that wasn't centered around the questions of, "why do I have these powers?" or "what do I do with this power?" or "how do I use this power?" Finally, we got an episode where the central story was just two characters using their powers. Matt Parkman working as a security guard used his telepathy to protect his charge and Jessica used her power to try and kill him. It was great, and if they continue to just use Jessica as an assassin, she might actually be worth keeping around. I'm just glad that there was very little whining from Niki about her sad, sad life. I much prefer Jessica if the character has to stay on the show.

Back in Texas, HRG and Claire are getting ready to go to blows, I think. Did you hear the sass she put in her voice when she reminded him that her mother was also having trouble with memory loss. She seemed to not even be afraid anymore to let him know that she's onto his whole do something evil then reboot everyone's mind plan. The sad part is that her mother (adopted) really is going crazy now, and it's probably the result of too many reboots.

The even worse part, though, is that Claire is being scammed by her birth mother. "He's going to pay us $50,000, and you're entitled to half." It makes me wonder what is her real angle? Of course, Claire was only interested in meeting her biological father, but her mother put the brakes on that, too. Too bad Claire couldn't see Nathan's face when he looked at the pic of her. I wonder if she'd have seen the same two things that I saw: sadness over not knowing her and recognition that she's the cheerleader Peter was trying to save. Little did Peter know that it was his niece. Cool!

Hiro and Ando, as usual, were fun, but I am starting to tire of the quest for the sword. I'm ready for Hiro to get his power back and become the man that tells Peter to save the cheerleader. It was awesome, though, when Hiro told Ando, "Stop saying things that I say to you." That was classic! Too bad that Ando was so easily swayed, though. You could tell that he knew Hiro would never have just left him, but I guess he's been single long enough that it only took one kiss to redirect his focus. So now Hiro is in the hands of a presumably corrupt gaming commission officer and Ando is in the hands of the officer's corrupt partner. How is this going to play out?

Lastly, Mohinder seems to have been fooled by Sylar, who now has another pretty cool ability. I'm not sure about how useful the ability is, but it's pretty cool. The surprising thing to me is that Mohinder didn't recognize Sylar. I would have thought that Chandra would have taken a picture of Sylar early on in the process. He seemed to be fanatical about documentation and he's got pics of several of the others, why not Sylar? Or maybe Sylar stole the photo after he killed Chandra? Unknown, but Mohinder at least has a file on him because he and Eden discussed it earlier in the season. I'm hoping that Mohinder does recognize him and is just playing along to save his own skin.

That's about all for this episode, but it's not all of the update that I have. Remember when I told you a few weeks back that I called the number for Primatech Paper that was on the business card HRG gave to Mohinder? Well, I also visited the website and applied for a job. I've gotten a few emails from them since that time letting me know that they accepted my application and that they would be sending more information soon. Today, though, I got the first email that had any kind of meat to it.

The message was actually from Hana Gitelman (aka Wireless). She's the girl that was chatting with Ted in the desert during the special scene that aired during Deal or no Deal. Her message told me to find the helix and then gave me a username and password to use after I found it. I found the helix hidden in the Primatech logo on the About page of the website. When you click on it, you're prompted for a username and password. If you try it, the username is "bennet" and the password is "claire". Once you key that in, the page will change and then a few seconds later it will change again to show files for people HRG is tracking.

There are four files listed. The username is "bennet," and each one has its own password:

C3001 is the file on Hana Gitelman. Password: HGghx11a

C3002 is the file on Matt Parkman. Password: MPggtn75x

C3003 is the file on Ted Sprague. Password: TSntz14b

C3004 is the file on Gabriel Gray (aka Sylar). Password: GGeh81zu

You can get all of these from Hana Gitelman's site at http://www.samantha48616e61.com/

Interestingly, if you read the files on these characters and Hana's website, you find that Hana was trained by HRG in manner similar to that of Sydney Bristow. She was recruited and trained to believe that she was working for the CIA, but when things got tough, HRG hung her out to dry. Now, she's trying to find out who he really is. We also learn that HRG doesn't want Sylar killed. He wants him recaptured for further study. Hana wants Ted to help her find Matt so that they can all go down to Primatech together to see what's really going on. Finally, HRG wants to locate Matt's wife so that they can run tests on the embryo to see if any abilities are going to be passed along. Interesting stuff that hints at things we might see in future episodes.

2 comments:

Michael said...

BTW, I did notice that the con-lady made fun of Hiro by calling him Sulu when she punched him. It would have been great if he'd been able to reply, "No, that's my dad."

Caci said...

I really enjoyed the show last night, too. I did think it very ironic that the cheerleader Peter was trying to save is his niece. I also thought that it looked as if Nathan recognized her...does he now wonder how they all fit together? The mom admitted to Nathan that the fire was no accident, so I was right about her starting it...but not so sure she was trying to kill Claire...I just don't think she cared either way because someone was trying to get her (as she said). Yeah, she is not a great mom either...lying to Claire and not even caring. I thought for a moment that Claire let on to HRG about her memory not being erased when she said "you're not my real dad" but then I remembered that she has always known she was adopted...but that brought about another thought. When her memory was supposed to be erased, how far back would they erase? I guess not far enough for her to not remember she was adopted. Anyway, Jessica and Matt seemed to have a much better part of the show than before. I guess that Matt has his hands on some real valuable diamonds now, but what will he do with them? I was interested in the fact that Mohinder didn't recognize Sylar. I thought for sure he would know who he was. How, though did Sylar get the power to regenerate without ever having killed Claire? He was obviously shot in the last episode and this episode shows no signs whatsoever of having been shot. hmmm....overall....good show!