Saturday, May 27, 2006

Sachse in the Kitchen

What a treat! Reagan and Abbie are quite inventive and creative children. They woke us yesterday announcing the grand opening of "Sachse in the Kitchen." The two of them had cooked up (pun intended) their own little restaurant for the rest of the family complete with a fancy name and menus. I missed out on breakfast because I wasn't hungry, but Leah, Emma Joi, Sydney, and I all got to enjoy lunch together.

Abbie was our server, and she did a great job of bringing us to our table.

Then she took our drink and appetizer orders and served everyone. She did really great and did not spill a single drop.






And our appetizer of sour cream and onion chips was perfectly prepared.

Emma and Sydney really enjoyed the whole deal and begged me to take their pictures at the restaurant.



After we ordered, the chef went to work preparing our meal. We had a great lunch of mac & cheese, sandwiches, and pork & beans with mayo (sounds gross, but it's really tasty).





As soon as our food was complete, Abbie reappeared and served each of us our plates. They did a really great job, and I was very impressed with the inventiveness of their idea.

9 comments:

Windy Smith said...

That is something that I will probably never get to experience being a mom of 3 boys but I am sure that is nice to let your kids serve meals for you every once in a while especially when it is thier idea.

Caci said...

Finally a posting with pictures of your beautiful girls! Why is Leah hiding her face from the camera???? I am so glad that you guys let your girls do this thing for you and you didn't freak out over whether something got messed up! Kids are fun and we need to let them do fun things for us!

Michael said...

I didn't even notice that Leah was hiding her face. That's pretty funny. :)

Michael said...

A. Patti, in response your comment about Sachse in the Kitchen that you put under my camping post: I wondereda about the cost and tip as well, and when I asked Reagan she said, "Dad, this is the best restaurant in Sachse because it's the only one that's free!" I said, "Don't advertise on that slogan; I'll go broke!"

She hit me up later that afternoon for some cash in exchange for mowing the yard. :)

Caci said...

She is a bright child and she will probably make a million before you!!!!

Melissa said...

is it just me or does michael's new profile pic look like it belongs next to some sort of IT informational article.

Caci said...

no, lissa, it's not just you!! Did he whiten his teeth before using this pic?? hahah
he is a bit dorky! (but handsome in his own weird way!)

Michael said...

Dorky? That's what Leah said about the old pic. I just can't make you people happy. :)

Oh, and A. Renee, I had forgotten about that until you metioned it, that was too funny.

Caci said...

Michael, you will always be dorky to me no matter what pic you use! You are my brother!!! But I did say you were handsome in your own weird way! I also did mention that you look very businesslike....I am happy with this pic. You did great!!!!