Saturday, May 27, 2006

Lake Bonham State Park

It's taken a while to get this post together, but we went camping last weekend at Bonham State Park. This is one of the nicer parks that we've been to in TX. It's not very big and in completely encloses a small lake where the kids were able to swim and fish. Anyway, I took a few pics for you to enjoy. You can see that we took two tents since we've got so many kiddos. :)

The plan was for Leah and I to sleep in one, and all of the kids would sleep in the other. They all started that way. Crammed into the smaller tent (by their choice), flashlight in hand, they started to try and get some rest. A couple of hours later, it was becoming obvious that they were going to be up half the night talking, so Leah and I moved the little ones (Emma Joi and Sydney) into our tent with us.

Now, before we left, I told Leah that I wanted to bring a hammock to relax in, and she wasn't really on board. As a matter of fact, she was convinced that there would be no where to put it and that it would not be worth putting up even if there were a place for it. As it turned out, though, there was a place to hang it, and all of my girls, including Leah, spent much more time in the hammock, than Dad. No big thing, though, as long as they are happy. :) And I guess bringing a hammock, tieing it between two trees, and letting Leah kick back and read some Nora Roberts makes her very happy.


Before we left, Reagan decided that she wanted the job of washing the dishes for the entire weekend. I think she just wanted to play in the water, but she still did a great job keeping our plates, cups, and utensils clean. Abbie got the thankless job of clearing the table and giving Reagan the dirty dishes. She spent all of that time wishing that she were washing dishes. Again, I think she just wanted to play in the water.




Overall, we had a great time just kicking back and getting out of the city and spending time with just our family.




Oh, and if you're wondering about this last picture, Reagan and Abbie found tons of little mussles along the shores of the lake. They spent a lot of their spare time cleaning them and trying to get them open. It didn't quite get it, but it was better than listening to them fight. :)

4 comments:

Windy Smith said...

It is so nice to see some pictures of your family. I don't get to see them much and I like to see how they are growing. It looks like all of the girls had a great time Camping!!

Caci said...

I am glad to see you had fun on your camping trip because we missed you at mom's bonfire. I am wondering about the mark on Sydney's neck. It looks like someone missed her lips when they were putting lipstick on her, or she burned it somehow. What happened? I also am glad your kiddos enjoy camping! It is good to have time together as a family. I enjoy these posts! Also, I like your new photo of yourself! You look very businesslike!

Michael said...

Caci, I wondered if anyone would notice the marks on Sydney's neck. It was actually a little bit more scary than you guessed.

Leah was out walking the dog with Sydney and Emma in the wagon. Lucky got excited about something and ran around the wagon with his leash catching Sydney just under the chin. As he came back to the front of the wagon, it rubbed her neck raw. Sort of a bad rope burn.

Caci said...

I am glad she is ok! You give her a big hug from Aunt Caci and tell her I am sorry that old dog made her get hurt! Then she can spank Lucky if she wants to!