Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Meet the Family


I know that most of you have already met the family, but some of you haven't seen us in a while. Here's our most recent family photo. Of course, I'm in the center, the one guy in that sea of females. Reagan (9) is in the top left, Abbie (7) is in the top right, Emma Joi (3) is in the lower left, and Sydney (2 now, but this was just before her b-day) is in Leah's lap.

Reagan and Abbie are both playing fast pitch softball this season. Abbie played in the fall, and Reagan was doing cheerleading at the time. After watching Abbie play, though, Reagan decided that she wanted in, too. It's a little frustrating for me right now because they still want to dodge the ball rather than actually catch it, but they are getting better every day. Their season starts this week, so we're all excited to see how they do in an actual game.

Emma and Sydney still stay at home with Mom. They spend most of their time watching The Wiggles or Dora the Explorer, playing with their baby dolls, and chasing the dog around the house. They are both a load of fun!

Leah is still working at the church. She is the Director of Outreach. Right now we are planning our upcoming VBS week, and I am wondering what kind of crazy outfit they'll want to put on me. I'll be the emcee for the week, and I'm sure that her team will want me wearing something that gets the kids attention. Last year we had a circus theme, so I was a juggling clown. There might be pictures of that floating around somewhere, but you won't be seeing them here anytime soon.

Finally, I'm still at Ecom. Late last year I was talking about leaving here and going into business with some friends of mine, but some issues came up that caused Leah and I to reconsider that choice. It was in the last few days before my actual resignation, so I talked with Cade (Ecom's owner) and they graciously allowed me to retract my resignation letter. I'll probably be here for a little while longer.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

This is a great pick of the Newman clan. Maybe I'll be able to persuade Leah to send me one of those "floating" clown pics. Hmm, a challenge. I'm on it!

Caci said...

I love your girls!!!! I hope they keep you on your toes!