Tuesday, May 08, 2007

In Seattle

I'm here. The flight out was long and rough. We only got a few minutes of time with the seat belt sign off. We did get a really good view of Mt. Rainier on the way in, though, and I was surprised by how much snow is still on the mountain. It was on the wrong side of the plane for me to take a pic, so I can't show you how cool it looked.

Once on the ground, I found my hotel just fine and then set out to explore the city a little. I made my way down to the waterfront and went to the Pike Fish Market. Unfortunately, everything was closed down by the time I got there. I did get some pics of the Bay and the Sound that you can see below. I ate at a place called Elliotts which was a little overpriced, if you ask me, but still good food.

Right now I'm getting ready for bed since I have a very full day tomorrow at the conference.



Tuesday, May 8, 2007



1 comment:

Caci said...

Ben reminded me the name of the island that the Ferry goes to is Vashon Island. I am glad you made it there safely. When I flew home from Las Vegas we had zero minutes without the fasten seat belts sign on. It was very bumpy. I love your pics of the Puget Sound....it hasn't changed since I saw it last! :-)
Mt. Rainier never loses snow just in case you didn't know! But if it decided to become active, and the top blew then I guess the snow would melt rather quickly.