Friday, May 11, 2007

From One End of the City to the Other

Our conference is over, and man am I glad. Don't get me wrong, it was a great conference. It was just long, long days with lots of information and thinking. We did get to see some pretty neat stuff, though. Not only did we get previews of some new Microsoft technologies, we also got to have a reception at the top of the Space Needle, a party at the Experience Music Project, a visit to the SciFi Museum (definitely a hit at a nerd convention), and to hear from some very cool speakers including Steve Ballmer.

Anyway, after the conference let out, I went wandering the city for several hours with my camera. I took some shots of a few cool things that caught my eye, and I tried to get another shot across Puget Sound. You could really see the snow capped mountains on the other side today, but the haze kept my camera from seeing it very well. Too bad. I also tried to find a place to get a pic of Mt. Rainier, but I couldn't do that either. Oh, well, you'll just have to enjoy what I did manage.

Now, I'm going to try and find somewhere to eat, so I can get to bed. I've got an early flight in the morning to take me back home to Leah and the kids.


Friday, May 11, 2007



2 comments:

Caci said...

Did you go on the underground buses? I guess I was wrong when I explained it to you....I thought it showed some of the old city, but Ben says no they are just free underground buses. What do I know? Still cool, though. I couldn't get dropshots to open the pics, but it looks like you took pics of the waterfall at the UPS offices. If so, that is where Jacob got bird poo all over his shirt and we had to buy him a new shirt, so he got a Mariner's jersey from Safeco field. Dad and Lynn were with us that day....good memories! Glad you had fun and will be coming home soon.

Caci said...

yeah, that is the waterfall....jacob leaned on the railing in front of it and leaned right into a mess of bird poo! Did you ride the monorail? Did you get any pics of all the pigs?