Friday, March 30, 2007

Health Screening

Yesterday we had a group come in to the office and do health screenings for everyone. You'll be happy to know that I am still alive.

The past couple of times that I've seen Mom, she's commented on how tall I seem. She's been insistent that I've grown an inch or two in the last year or so. Unfortunately for Mom, part of the screening yesterday was measuring my height, and I am still the same five foot ten that I've been since high school. I guess that means that she's shrinking. Caci should run over real quick and measure herself; she might finally have the chance to be taller than Mom.

Other than height, they also checked my weight, flexibility, cholesterol (good, bad, and total), triglycerides, blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar, and whether or not I wear a seat belt when driving. Apparently, wearing a seat belt when driving is right up there with eating healthy when looking at a comprehensive health plan. Anyway, everything was in the normal ranges, so they rated me at having a 2% chance of having a heart attack in the next 10 years. I wonder what the odds would be if I didn't wear a seat belt?

Regardless, I figure that makes it okay for me to get a cheeseburger, coke, and chili cheese fries for lunch today, don't you?

1 comment:

Caci said...

I do think mom is shrinking, because I have noticed in the past few years that I am getting closer to her height which used to be about 2 inches taller than me.....but now we are about equal. Oh, and when you ate the cheeseburger and chili fries it increased your chances of heart attack by 3%, but wearing your seatbelt on the way to get the food, reduced your risk by 3%, so now you still only have 2% chance. Glad you are wearing your seatbelt!