Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Overanalyzing Television Shows

Do you think it’s possible that we’re overanalyzing Heroes? I thought it might be for a brief moment earlier today, but then I decided that it’s just too good of a show to not continue our discussions. As usual, highlight below to read:


Does anyone else wonder if there is a hidden meaning in the name of Mohinder’s neighbor? Of course not, because none of you know her name. Knowing my audience, you may not even know who I’m talking about, so let me break it down for you, Caci. She’s the short-haired, skinny girl that’s been spying on the tall Indian guy and making everyone wonder what she’s really up to. Anyway, her name is Eden. Kind of makes you wonder if she’s the starting point. Patient Zero as Mohinder’s dad referred to it.


Also, Niki appears to be the one with the Incredible Hulk style powers. Apparently, she has super strength when her alter ego comes out. Did you see the way she just threw D.L. across the room like he was a bag of potato chips? I wonder if she’s dead, though. After D.L. reached in and scrambled things around, who knows? Obviously, I guess that she’ll continue to be around since Ali Larter is listed as a main cast member.


In looking at IMDB earlier to verify Eden’s name, I came across something interesting. Apparently, Sylar will be played by Sean Bean. For those who don’t recognize the name perhaps you’ll remember him as Boromir in LOTR, the pilot in Flightplan, the husband in Silent Hill, the bad guy in National Treasure, or the doctor in The Island. If you don’t know him from any of those, then just trust me that he’s a great actor and should make a very well done bad guy. Oh, and they list Sylar as the surname. Apparently, his full name is Paul Sylar, so we’ll have to keep an ear out for anyone named Paul to appear in the show.


Lastly, I really liked it that they made a point to bring everyone’s attention to the mysterious symbol last night. Those of you that may not have noticed it before should have picked up on it last night as Isaac uncovered it in one of his paintings of Niki. Now we just need to figure out what it means.


That’s all for now. Let me hear your thoughts and observations.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ok, ok....I did catch last night the girls name was Eden. I didn't know it until last night. I'm sure she probably said it when she first saved Mohinder at their very first meeting, but last night was the first time it really became apparent. I knew she had to be up to something from the start. I found it way too odd that Mohinder just immediately took her in and started sharing tons of important information with her. I mean for someone as skeptical as he....it seemed very strange that he would trust her so quickly. We now know she is somehow involved with cheerleaders dad. Does she have powers.....who knows....I guess we'll have to keep watching.
The most interesting thing that I saw last night was at the very end when Eden was talking to the cheerleader's dad and she asked the question, "What do you want me to do with the pre-cog?" Right after that is shows her at Isaac's front door.....so, one could only assume that he is the "pre-cog".....the one that can see the future. I can't help but wonder what is she going to do with him? Again, the question of, "Does she have powers?, comes into play.
As for Nikki, we now know that she is the reason her husband was in jail. She set him up from the beginning. As for her being dead....no way....she'll be fine. Now maybe we can begin to see what the boy can do. We all know that he is aware of his mother's powers and that he probably has some of his own.
As for me, I continue to enjoy seeing Hiro's character act every week. He is my favorite. I loved seeing his face last night when his friend told him that Peter said he was carrying a sword in the future. He's the greatest!

Windy Smith said...

Well, I noticed the signs a while ago but now it becomes more clear that they most have some sort of great significance. Now the only thing I am wondering about Eden what her powers are and right now it appears that she has none so what does she get out of this whole deal? I personally like this over analysis that we have going because with all of our vast knowledge of all things one of us is sure to be on the right track, don't you think? I guess I missed to whole "pre-cog" part I am going to have to go back and watch that again but our dvr cut the recording off short I think so I might have to download it. I don't think that Niki set him up on purpose I think she just can't control Frikki at all so I am wondering if she is going to be able to get that under control. And my next question is what if she turns on herself? What if DL took Frikki out when he jumbled up her insides? Who knows but I still get more hooked each week.

Michael said...

I agree that Niki doesn't seem to able to control Friki, and that she wouldn't have set D.L. up on purpose (the Niki half anyway). If she could just get control of Friki, she could be a very formidable hero.

Caci said...

I agree with those thoughts. I heard the "pre-cog" sentence but then our DVR cut off too so I missed seeing her at Isaac's door. That is an interesting bit of info. I really love the character of Hiro and the whole "I had a sword" thing was hilarious! I like the overanalyzing also...it sure is fun!!!