Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Parasite

Nearly two months until the next episode?? Aaargghhh!!! It's just starting to get really good. You know the drill. Highlight below to read more.

I really thought that Claire was going to try to run when they pulled over to use the payphone, but I'm glad that she made the smarter move to ditch the Haitian at the airport. I use the term "smarter" loosely. It was smarter if she really needed to get away from him, but it was pretty stupid when he's the only guy that's actually trying to protect her right now. Of course, we knew that she would try to make her way to New York to meet up with Peter again, and I totally loved it when she met her grandmother. All of us watching together said, "I wonder if she's knows that's her granddaughter?" When Peter's mom opened the door, and we were all relieved when she identified herself as such to Claire. What a great scene.

So, now we know who in Claire's family is giving the Haitian orders that supersede HRG's. So, what does she know of the company? Is she allied with the Haitian to bring them down? How long as she known about Claire? What does she really know? You would think from the fact that she's working with the Haitian and that she's obviously aware that Claire is on the run that she would know something about the company. Does that also mean that she knows something about the abilities? Does she know about the secret that Peter, Nathan, Claire, and the others share? And what language were she and the Haitian speaking?

Speaking of Nathan, I was very happy to see that he's been working to bring Linderman down. If you recall, I was concerned several episodes back that Peter and Nathan seemed to drop their focus on stopping Linderman when their dad died. I wondered why it seemed like they were giving in and Nathan was taking money from him for his campaign. It was a relief to find out from last night's episode that he is actually working with the FBI to bring Linderman down.

Of course, the FBI was pretty stupid setting up surveillance inside of Linderman's own hotel. It's no wonder that Jessica was able to find and dispatch them. It's interesting, though, that Niki was able to come out briefly to leave a picture for D.L. to find and she was able to come out for an extended period to save Nathan, but where was she when the FBI guys were getting gunned down? Why couldn't she save them? I really don't understand how she works, and truthfully, I still don't much care.

It was awesome when Hiro met up with Nathan again and did the hush, hush, "flying man!" Pretty funny. And I think that he really hit the nail on the head in describing Nathan. He pretends like he doesn't care because he cares too much. What a great way to describe him. It showed through, too, in the way that Nathan gave Hiro access to the curator so that he could steal the sword. Then Ando showed up to save him. Another great moment. And Hiro has his power back. Did anyone else notice the change in Hiro's demeanor simply from holding the sword? It was pretty cool. He's getting much closer to the Hiro that met Peter in the subway.

Back to Nathan again. What made him think that it would be a good idea to try and kill Linderman with a pistol? First off, I never really believed that he would be able to pull the trigger. Second off, if he really was going to try and kill him, why do it so loudly? That's just a good way to get those 574 security guards to kill him, too. What's Nathan going to end up deciding, though? Does he want the "life of meaning" which translates into slave? Or will he realize that his life has meaning as a hero? I'm betting on the latter, but they've written it just so that we're not sure.

I love Malcolm McDowell as Linderman, too. "Now you can't have any of my pot pie." Definitely the best line of the entire episode. He's just such a great nice, bad guy that he's hard not to enjoy. I would have expected more of a godfather type, big office, big chair, self-appointed emperor of the world type of guy for Linderman, but I really like the direction that they went. A confident, but easy-going character with just enough hint of crazy to make you certain that you don't ever want to cross him. I mean, I really wonder if that pot pie doesn't have a few pieces and parts of the last guy that tried to kill Linderman in it.

HRG met up with his new partner, who is totally cool and totally hot all at the same time. You better believe that Leah would not have been uncaring if that girl showed up to take me on a business trip. I might as well not come home. Anyway, I love the way that they introduced her abilities when she came in the door as Simone. I figured from the preview last week that Simone wasn't really coming back, and I was glad to find out that I was right. She was a throwaway character, and I'm glad to be rid of her. Now if we could just get rid of the whole Sanders family, we'd have an amazing show.

Anyway, after they cleared out Simone's stuff, Isaac went back to painting. It seemed like he was looking for a high, but I couldn't really tell from the way the scene was cut whether he shot up or whether he stopped himself and dropped the syringe. Either way, he painted what appeared to be his own death. I couldn't be certain from the stretched out screaming face and the missing piece of his head, but it looked to me like he had painted artwork in the background and we know that Sylar is coming after him soon (probably next) so it seems to fit. Will Hiro show up earlier this time and help stop it? I hope so.

Back on HRG. I can only imagine how confused he must be to not remember what happened to Claire and his house. He's back to thinking that everything is a secret and thinking that he has to protect Claire. I'm sure that he was scared half to death not knowing for sure who has her or where. Last week we all wondered what happened to his wife and Lyle's memories. Did the Haitian have time to erase them or not? How cool to know that he did not. HRG used his wife to pass himself a message, and she knows at least a part of what he does for a living. Of course, the fact that his memory is gone means that he doesn't know for sure how much he told her, and when his new partner posed as his wife, she was able to easily pull him across the line. What's going to happen to him now? Where's his wife? Where's Lyle?

Mohinder, back in New York, is finally catching on to Sylar. Perhaps it was the DNA sample, or perhaps it was just the news article. Either way, at least now he knows, and he tried to stop him. A paralyzing agent to keep his powers at bay but not a powerful enough one apparently. Sylar managed to stop the IV and gave quite the inspirational speech to try and convince Mohinder to work with him. Mohinder has enough bottled rage that he never doubted what he would do to Sylar, though. What a contrast to Nathan's inability to kill the most evil man he knows. Mohinder pulled the trigger. I think it might have surprised Sylar a little, but not as much as it surprised Mohinder to see that bullet hovering in the air. Not to be rooting for the bad guys, but that was a pretty cool moment. Now Mohinder is in trouble and Peter inadvertently steps into the middle of that fight. I'm hoping two things: one, that Peter and Sylar have an awesome fight with them both using their variety of powers, and two, that Peter doesn't grow back that annoying lock of hair that Sylar cut off. And one other thing: it seems that we now know what Hiro was talking about when he told Peter that he looked different without the scar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, what a great episode. The past two weeks have been as if the writers were reading my posts and answering the questions I had. It is really going somewhere...that is until they take two months off. I can't wait until it picks back up.
Mohinder snaps out of his worldly dumb phase long enough to realize Syler is right in front of his nose; only to resort back to his ways to not protect himself or pull off his revenge. He HAD to know that Syler's powers had only grown.
Hiro finally has his sword! He can return to his hero status now and get back into the fight. I am interested in what he and Ando will find in the post explosion world of New York that will benefit the pre explosion character's lives. The one thing I have noticed is: even though Hiro can travel trough time, he still cannot alter the outcome of the future. He went forward in time to see Issac dead with the top of his head missing and it doesn't look like he will be able to stop that. He visits New York after the explosion, so he apparantly cannot stop that. He wasn't able to stop Peter from 'getting his scar'; a gift from Syler.
I too liked the scene where Claire met her grandmother. She knows more than she has led us to believe at this point and speaks the Haitians language. She is going to be one of those mother lead families with a strong will type, like Babrara Stanwyck in The Big Valley (I like my westerns!).
It was nice while it lasted, but the Sanders made their return to the show. Fortunately Micah and DL wern't in there much, but it is still too much for my liking; what a waste.
I thought it interesting that Linderman (McDowell - great choice) told Nate that he will be Vice President in a couple of years. It was then you saw Nate's career ambition get in the way of his mission. I think he wants to bring Linderman down; but also realizes that he can give him everthing he wants. I equivicate it to selling your soul to the devil to get what you want. But to do that, there is always a price to pay later; and not usually one that you want to settle up on.
All-in-all it was great! This is why the show hooked me in the first place. I can't wait until the end of April.

Caci said...

very awesome show! I really liked the part where Claire met grandmother, and grandmother actually seemed less cold than she has in past episodes. I wonder, who DIDN'T see the cloning of HRG'S wife coming? So obvious when the new partner said, "I like your hair" I knew then that her ability was to clone, and so I wasn't surprised to see her be Simone (who I am very glad is gone...she whined too much) and then to be HRG'S wife. Sylar is too evil and too cool. I love how he always seems to be in control. A couple of times I have seen him seem rattled, but not too often. I do not understand the importance or relevance of Nikki and Jessica and personally they get on my nerves. I am so glad Hiro has his powers back and was able to meet up with Nathan again. I know that we know Peter will escape from Sylar, but will we see a great fight scene first? Will he be able to save Mohinder in his escape? What will happen to HRG now that the company will have him? Where is his family? What is the deal with Hana? She just showed up for one episode then disappeared. I can't wait until the next episode, which is too many weeks away!!!