Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Fix

The story really didn’t move too much in this episode, but hopefully they are setting us up for a good show next week. Highlight below to see more detailed notes:

Niki/Jessica….still don’t care. Although, I thought it was interesting that Micah is now a criminal, too. I guess that’s what parental influence can do for you.

Peter is still confused, and so am I at this point. What in the world could this new guy, Claude, teach him? And why does Claude talk like he knows a lot of the heroes? There are only 36 names on the list, so how many could Claude have possibly taught?

While on the subject of Peter, it seems that Melissa is right about Peter absorbing powers based on what Mohinder said about him being like a sponge. On the other hand, though, that doesn’t explain why his ability to use the powers fades when he’s not around the person that he absorbed from. He couldn’t fly at all by himself, but he did twice when Nathan was around. He quit being invisible when Claude walked away. He healed himself shortly after Claire walked off, but I’ll be he wouldn’t be able to do it again now unless she came back around. Maybe he has to be around someone for a long time to absorb enough of their power to use it on his own? Or maybe the powers are only triggered when the original owner is around? I don’t know. I think the writers need to clarify this some more.

Nathan still can’t decide what to make of all this. Last week I thought we were moving forward and that he was finally going to embrace the fact that he can fly and that others have similar powers. This week he’s back to denying everything and wanting to “fix” Peter. Somebody needs to make up their mind about this character and move it forward.

Claire is in trouble. I think HRG recognized the wind chime outside her window and now knows that she’s in cahoots with the Haitian. I wonder what he’ll do about that. I think he genuinely loves Claire and wants to protect her, so I think it’ll all come down on the Haitian. Maybe the Haitian will make him forget about the wind chime and all will be rosy.

HRG is in trouble of his own, though. Sylar is not dead and he’s got HRG cornered. I feel sure that HRG won’t be killed, but maybe Sylar will force him to explain his actions a little more so that we can get a clearer picture of what’s going on at PrimaTech Paper.

BTW, I called the number off the card that HRG gave Mohinder last week. It was just a recording saying that you reached PrimaTech Paper and that you could enter an access code. Since we didn’t see a shot of the access code that HRG gave Mohinder, I don’t have one to enter. If you choose “3” from the menu, though, it will give you a code to use online at
http://www.primatechpaper.com. If you’re interested, the number is 1-800-PRIMA16.

Also, Claire seems to have found her birth mother. The one short clip of her left no question as to why the apartment burned down. She was probably trying to save her daughter from HRG and set the place ablaze with her fingers. Now, I wonder who the father turns out to be. I read an article about a month ago that was an interview with Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman) where he said that he and Claire would have a very interesting connection. Could this be what he was talking about? I guess we’ll have to find out next week.

Finally, Hiro and Ando. The “Big Boss” is Hiro’s dad? So, is Hiro embarrassing him or something? Or does his dad know about the heroes, too? Interesting stuff. And I loved it when the subtitled: “GULP!”

8 comments:

Caci said...

Yeah, I agree with most of what you said. I think that Peter has repeatedly dreamed AFTER the man died...maybe he absorbed enough power from being around him for so long? I think that the mom seemed fishy in the clip for next week, so it made me think in the other direction...that she set the apartment on fire trying to kill Claire, not knowing that she couldn't die. Her comment, "Our daughter found us" just made me think she wasn't exactly thrilled about it....then they showed a watch....Sylar's?? I wonder why invisible man's clothes are also invisible? His DNA would allow him to be invisible but why his clothes? Whenever he hits things that he walks by they don't become invisible just because he touched them...so I am not sure about that unless the writer's just didn't want to film a naked man walking around being invisible! I am curious about Hiro's dad too...and the Gulp was too funny!

Caci said...

I don't think that Peter Can't fly or be invisible without the others being around him...I think he just doesn't know how to channel each power and use it. He never tried to be invisible on his own, hasn't had a chance to fix himself without Claire, and never tried to fly without Nathan. The first time he tried to fly he hadn't actually absorbed Nathan's power yet, he only tried to fly because of his dream...which he dreamed because of the power absorbed from the old man. Anyway....I don't know if that made any sense or not...so bye!

Michael said...

Interesting thought on Claude and Claire's mom. Maybe her mom was really trying to kill her, and maybe Claude has the ability to choose what he makes invisible. When he picked up things off of tables, they didn't go floating through the air, so he's doing something to some of the things he touches.

I have no idea what makes you think that Simone's dad had any powers. Peter had a dream about Nathan being in a car accident before he ever even became a nurse much less starting working with Simone's dad, so he definitely did not get the dream power from Mr. Devereaux.

And Peter did try to fly when he wasn't around Nathan. He spent an afternoon in the second or third episode jumping off of the monkey bars at the playground and he just fell on his face every time. He told Nathan later that he must have lost his ability.

Windy Smith said...

Well, who know who Claire's dad will be but maybe it will be Lenderman and we will finally know what he looks like. Or maybe Nathan since he seems to have some affairs but I don't think that is as likely...I don't really think it is Sylar either because of the age factor. I think Nikki/Jessica's husband will get her pregnant and they will have to let her out to at least a low security place where she will break out. That is just a far fetched idea that just came to me. I think that Peter just absorbs whatever power he is around and I don't think he can control it or at least doesn't know how at this point. I think the reason he sees himself exploding is because all of those others are all around at the same time and he can't handle them all. I didn't really like this last one to much...I need something MAJOR to happen soon.

Melissa said...

If you recall back to the episode early in the season, the one that went back 6 months.....that was the episode where they were celebrating Peter's graduation from nursing school and was also the episode where Nathan and his wife were in the accident. Peter, was not yet working for Mr. Devereaux but was about to start...and he did not yet have the dreams either. It was not until after he started working for Mr. Devereaux, and actually sitting with him in his room, that he started having the dreams that he could fly. The only reason I feel like Mr. Devereaux had that power and was able to pass it on to Peter is because of his daughter, Simone, saying that her dad was having dreams that weren't making any sense. It seems, and I'll have to look at the episode again to be sure, that she said he was dreaming about flying or some sort of future events. That is why I believe Peter absorbed powers from him.

Michael said...

Peter dreamt about Nathan's accident. That's why he went to the hospital. I think you're right about him just having finisehd nursing school, but it was definitely before he was working for Mr. Devereaux.

Cole said...

I am with Melissa on this one...I know that he dreamt about Nathan flying, but I think that he had already met Mr. D...or was already working for him ....I don't know...I just know that the whole reason I had that idea is because I recognized what Melissa said, Simone talked about her dad having the dreams. Well, anyway that is how I feel about that...Peter absorbed that power and continually uses it. I think it was the first power he absorbed.

Caci said...

oops....that was me, not cole, commenting up there. Also, sorry about saying peter didn't try to fly. I missed that episode, so I humbly admit I was wrong about that.