Friday, September 15, 2006

Looking Forward

Just a quick note on the new version of Microsoft Office. I’ve got the beta of Microsoft Office 2007 on my machine now, and I’m posting this through Word 2007. It’s pretty neat.

When I choose to create a new document in Word, a blog post is one of the options. Word then let’s me configure my blog host (which Blogger is already in the dropdown), and I get a blank screen to type on. No more dealing with the Blogger editor. No more reading and re-reading to find typos, and no more cut-and-paste if you used a different editor in the past.

You get to work in Word with all of the benefits. Squiggly lines indicating spelling errors and grammar mistakes along with an environment that you work in all the time anyway. And when you’re done typing, you just push the publish button and your thoughts are automatically uploaded to your blog. It’s super simple.

I just thought you’d like to know.

4 comments:

Caci said...

when will it be available to non-geeks people like me??? i am super excited about using it! really, I am.

Caci said...

how come it is not showing that I commented?? and why haven't you answered me? huh???

Michael said...

I don't know when it will be available to the public.

Caci said...

that's a terrible answer.