Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back to School

As I understand it, my mother has been trying to predict the date that I would return to school since the afternoon of my graduation from Texas A&M when I celebrated finally being done. She says that it has something to do with an insatiable curiosity and desire to learn that’s just part of the genetic makeup of our family. Maybe she’s right.

I’ll be participating in a Graduate Certificate program at SMU during the winter semester (October through February). It’s not a degree program, but it’s still school. Mom wins, and I win. I’ll be in school but not officially.

If anyone is interested in the gritty details, the program is officially call the Business Intelligence Graduate Certificate Program. It’s about learning to analyze data using statistics, discrete optimization, simulation, database manipulation, data mining, and knowledge management for all kinds of business problems. I think it’s going to be pretty interesting.

You can read more on the SMU/Cox website.

No comments: