Saturday, June 24, 2006

VBX Pics


I finally got copies of VBX pics from the photographers. There's a total 1,150, so I cut through that and picked just a few for you to enjoy.

Here's a shot of our worship team:


And here's some shots of the crowd of kids (we even had the balcony full if you can tell that in the second pic):



Here's a shot of me on my "moon buggy" and one of me in one of our dramas:



Besides large group, the kids also had story time and outdoor games. We even rented a big slide on one day for them to enjoy:





And on the day of Leah's birthday, we did a big celebration for our fearless leader. First, we sang "Happy Birthday" and gave her a singing hat:

Then we brought out a cake and flowers, and if you look close you'll see a man in an orange shirt sneaking around behind her:

Next, our children's pastor sprayed her with silly string. The best part of that is that Leah had this great idea to buy him silly string the day before not knowing that we planted that seed with the intent of it being used on her:

Finally, I came out and posed with her:

And we moved the cake to the volunteer snack room:


Later in the week, I introduced Graham to the crowd. He's only been with us for a few months, so not everyone has been able to meet him. I didn't realize that he wanted to speak, so we didn't have a mike for him; that's why he's talking into my cheek. He wasn't trying to kiss me. It's not that kind of church. :)


And then it was all over. This is me driving back out at the end of the week on my "moon buggy."

2 comments:

Windy Smith said...

It looks like you had more fun than the kids, no wonder it is your favorite week of the year! I am glad you are so involved that is awesome.

Caci said...

The pics are great! Thanks for sharing them. I am glad Leah had a fun birthday and you guys got to surprise her. Also, I am glad you didn't have a crash on your moon-buggy. Before they let you drive in a confined space, did you let them know that you didn't actually pass your drivers license test the first time???? LOL